Friday, March 7, 2014

Inspired by a Chair

A while ago, we were visiting my MIL in Florida.  She lives in a beautiful retirement home that is furnished exquisitely.  Well we got off an elevator on one of the 12 floors, and I spotted this wonderful chair with a fantastic print.  I told my husband I was coming back with my camera!  This is the picture I snapped...


I think I had just purchased Embroidered Blooms, and was sure it would make an awesome color scheme.  When I though about Erin's Make it Monday video, I remembered this photo and pulled it up as my inspiration!  



I stared with a Rustic Cream card base.  I stamped a Canvas Background, and then used a mask to create a frame with the Mat Stack 1 die.  I used ink with a blending tool to do this.  I left the mask in place and started with the leaves.  Then I added my flowers.  After this was completed, I took the mask off. Using Dark Chocolate ink and then Versamark, I stamped and clear embossed the sentiment (from Fancy Folk Art). Then I used Versamark and Chestnut embossing powder for the frame.  I think is gave even more dimension to this flat and ready to go card!

Thanks for looking!
Luanne

6 comments:

Marcia HIll said...

This turned out lovely and what a great inspiration piece! :0)

Kay said...

Lovely inspiration photo- that background is AMAZING!

the primitive country bug said...

What a beautiful card! The chair was the perfect jumping off point. You did a fabulous job with the colors and design.

maryrose said...

LuAnne, this is so beautiful! I love needleart, and you've done a fantastic job of recreating that effect with this card!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous!

Aunt Min said...

You're right on target. The colors are very striking! Lovely card.