Friday, April 25, 2014

April Blog Hop


What wonderful inspiration for today's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!  It's all about embroidery, and even though I have the wonderful set, Embroidered Blooms, I decided to work with colored embossing powders.


I was immediately drawn to the photo in the top left corner.  I always love black and red together and I thought of the stamp set from Stamp-a-Faire last year called, Reason to Smile.  At first, I tried to use embossing powder for the red blooms but it didn't work well on the black card stock. So I changed my flowers to white daisies and added the red with the ribbon and card stock.


I think it's a pretty cheery finished product.

I'm heading to Holland and France tonight.  An early, special Wedding Anniversary get-away!  I'm even taking a package of goodies to a fellow PTI follower, Hanne!  Can't wait. :-)

Enjoy the rest of the Blog Hop, and thank you for stopping by!

Luanne


12 comments:

Lorraine said...

Love the embossing on black and your card is beautiful!

Diane Jaquay said...

The flowers look BEAUTIFUL against the black background, wonderful card!

Martha said...

This is SO pretty!
Well done!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful! Fabulous take on the challenge, Luanne!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Luanne! Love the pop of gingham background!

Marcia HIll said...

This card really does make me "smile"! Love your color combination...just perfect! :0)

Patti said...

You are blessed and highly favored!! Have a wonderful time : )

Your card is outstanding! so dramatic against the black..

Patti

BLOG CANDY! at my blog : ) For a chance to win simply stop by and leave a comment on my latest post! Hope to see you there : )

Karen said...

Gorgeous! (And I love the title of your blog; would work at my house, too!)

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful take on the challenge! I'm envious of your trip to Europe - enjoy!

craftmates said...

Gorgeous card! Enjoy your trip.

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card, Luanne! Love this stamp set and the gorgeous colors you used here.
PS: Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your trip

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! This is so BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE your Design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)