Saturday, July 26, 2014

Watercoloring without Lines

This morning I was able to try out Heather's great technique of watercoloring without lines.  I had some special inspiration from my Grandma, who was a fabulous china painter.  I have some special pieces that she gave me, and a few that I got from my mom.  


This plate was done in 1962. I know, because she signed the back with her name, "Mattie".  She was the sweetest, lovable, woman ever.  She was also a great prayer warrior til she died in her mid 90's.  My dad inherited her artistic talent, I think I got a smidgen, and my middle son is talented too.

So here is my card...


I think is looks better the farther you get away, as watercoloring looses a little detail of this great stamp.

So there you have it!  Thanks for taking a look!
Luanne


4 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, Luanne!! What a gorgeous card! Love your inspiration piece, what a special treasure. You definitely inherited the artistic talent from your family too!

Michelle said...

So pretty, Luanne! Lovely!

Kathryn A said...

Love your card--such pretty, soft pinks! You have such a great heritage, with your grandmother being a prayer warrior as well as a beautiful china painter!

obee said...

Love your card! And I love the special history that attaches to it- what a great legacy!