Sunday, August 24, 2014

SAF 2014 Time after Time

Well...I went back to some of my earliest posts on SCS to find this winner..


Don't you love the brown carpet?  It was tricky for me figuring out how to put a card into a gallery in 2008.  So here's the shameful truth...I still have some of that paper.  Can we say I'm a saver instead of a hoarder?  So I used some it for my redo, updated version!


What I love most about my card is all the wonderful die cuts that are available to us now!  I rarely use a punch anymore.  I have also found a love of buttons on my cards.  I chose to use a real one instead of the button dies with a little piece of cream cotton cording.  

Wow, what a difference a few years can make!  Thank you for this awesome challenge, a great way to end our journey through time!

2 comments:

Betty Keefe said...

have loved looking at all your creations from SAF - this one is my favorite - it is so classy and elegant - can't say i thought much of SAF this year and didn't join in at all - felt like they were grasping at straws to keep with the theme. but it's been fun looking at everyone's creations.

Cheryl Cain said...

I love your re-do, actually your original looks like some I've made, a lot more recently than 2008! Would you please give me the info in the flower stamp & die set? I really love it and it makes a darling card. Thank you!! cheryljcain@comcast.net