Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Papertrey Ink February Blog Hop

This lovely photos was our inspiration for this month's blog hop...



Isn't it scrumptious?  Well, my first attempt was an epic fail.  Let's just say, that I'll need to try the smooshing technique at another time..... So, I decided to go clean and simple, using my Watercolor Wonder stamps. (Anyone else pull this great set out again after seeing the new papers by Maile?)



Once I followed the pretty colors from the bottom up, I liked the simple sentiment better when it was placed horizontally on the stripes.  I tucked in a scribble circle diecut made with white shimmer cardstock.  Love the new Keep it Simple Frames. They haven't left my desk!

Happy Hopping All!
Luanne


11 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your striped background! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Darnell J Knauss said...

You've made a fantastic fresh design here, Luanne! I'm always looking for fun ways to use those scribble circles, so thank you for the inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

Tracy said...

love your striped background (that stamp set is still on my wishlist - you're makin it look so good) and you already have your KIS frames! can't wait to get mine

Kara Lynne said...

I love what you did with those watercolor wonder stamps! Beautiful stripes and wonderful card!

Cammie said...

I can relate to the failed smooshing attempt :) I love the final result with the stamps. A great design!

Rhonda said...

I love the simple design.

Kristii said...

I totally love the bright colored striped background! So fun and absolutely fabulous!

Betty Wright said...

The background is terrific! Great colors and details!

artful-notions said...

You should make your own stationary! Just beautiful stamped bg!

carol (krillsister) said...

Very pretty CAS card. Colorful too

Sherrie M. said...

So very pretty! And love seeing the new Keep It Simple frames in action...you got yours so fast!