Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Shabby Chic or Hot Mess?

So today I gave Melissa's Make it Monday a try.  Can I just say, she is the queen of shabby chic!  I, however, am not the best at this...  I think it looks like a hot mess! 



I used my Frilly Flower dies, with some Kaisercraft papers.  The the Royal Velvet border is from the Basic Borders die and the bow is from Tinsel And Tags.  I used some Soft Stone with BB Postmarks around the edges too.

Definately need to try this again!

Update....  I kept looking at this and realized the Royal Velvet just weighted this card down.  I made the decision to take it off.  I carefully lifted the layers, and added another small circle border crosswise.  I also lost the Purple button, and used a vellum one with a real Aqua Mist one.  Personally, I like it better. 


Even though I lost that purple element, I think it's much softer looking.  Hope you like the changes too!










No comments: