Saturday, April 25, 2015

Papertrey Ink April Blog Hop!


This is the gorgeous photo for inspiration on today's PTI Blog Hop. I'm partial to these colors, as they are the ones my son and daughter in law used for their wedding, navy and pink!  And this is my creation...



I attached the flowers to the bottom, and left them loose at the top.  It looks pretty cool!  The doily is cut from vellum to mimic the plates, and if you look closely, you can see that the base of the card is clear embossed with the dots from Bacground Basics Art Deco.


I edited the top photo by adding one more flower for balance, but here you can see how the flowers are loose on the top. Thanks for stopping by!  

Enjoy the rest of the Hop!

Luanne


17 comments:

Charlene said...

What a beautiful bouquet you created, just gorgeous!

Birgit said...

Wow! This is just fabulous! I just got this set the other day and have been having fun inking it up as well. You've used it beautifully!

Linda said...

Gorgeous card, Luanne.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful, do I need to get this set now? ;)

Keri said...

Beautiful, Luanne! Love those flowers! :)

Kathryn A said...

So beautiful!! Love those flowers against the navy background!

Diana K said...

Your flowers are stunning against the dark background. So lovely!

Michelle said...

Wow.... just beautiful! Now I know for sure that I need the Flower Favorites dies!

Betty Wright said...

I really need this set now! Gorgeous design!

Tracy said...

Oh Luanne - this is absolutely beautiful! I'm in love with the pinks you chose - so soft and perfect with the navy. And now I'm going to have to cave and get that stamp set- you've made it irresistable!

artful-notions said...

Yep. As Tracey said, irrisistable! Gorgeous coloring, layering, image placing, doily (love!). Just beautiful!

Cindy H. said...

How does your garden grow?! This is just so beautiful!!

Marcia HIll said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous Luanne! Those flowers against the navy blue background are just beautiful and I love how you kept the top of them free...very clever! Well done! :0)

Helen F. said...

This looks like a beautiful English Garden, Luanne. LOVE the new stamps!

Martha said...

Luanne, what a BEAUTY this is.

Bonnie Turpin said...

This is so pretty! Love how you used the lighter shades of pink and a variety of flowers.

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty!