Sunday, May 24, 2015

Make it Monday Fussy Cutting

Well, I love my dies, but it was great to see tips from Ashley this week for fussy cutting things without a die.  It really helped!  I went to Pinterest for some inspiration, as I knew I wanted to use a sentiment from Fancy Folk Art for my card.


I found this beauty! I just loved the yellow background, and I used that for my starting point.


This is my finished card.  I used Copics to color the main image, instead of stamping, and the technique for cutting the sentiment worked perfectly!

Thanks for looking!
Luanne


6 comments:

Joyce said...

This is so very pretty. Love the yellow background and that pierced die. Your coloring and fussy cutting are fantastic, and I like that white border you drew around your front panel.

Joan V said...

Wow, very pretty card and a lot of fussy cutting. Looks fantastic with the yellow background.

Kathryn A said...

Love this! And this is a perfect stamped sentiment to use for this week's MIM, since there are no dies for it!

Diana K said...

Wow, Luanne, this is super pretty! Love the colours and how you used that inspiration photo. Don't quite know how you managed to cut that sentiment so straight, but you did!

Kathy Mc said...

Gorgeous, Luanne! You nailed using that inspiration photo for a starting point. Perfectly executed.

Helen F. said...

Oh so lovely, Luanne! Love the colors and the stamp set is perfect for this technique~great choice!