Sunday, May 24, 2015

May 2015 PTI Blog Hop

I love when the monthly hop falls near a weekend, so I have plenty of time to play along!  We had a photo to inspire us this month, full of color!


I immediately thought of Modern Cross, but wasn't sure how I could incorporate the colors. First I tried strips of color behind the die cut, which I liked, but in the end, I pulled out all my inks, and went to town.  I chose to use the same stamp for all the crosses. But I used the photo for placement of the different colors.



When it was done, I adhered it to a white card base.  Then I added the word diecuts, and topped it off with some clear dew drops.  Just a fun general birthday card to have on hand!

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of the hop!

Luanne


11 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Fantastic card using the inspiration for this month's challenge! Love the bold blue sentiment dies and your rainbow of colors.

honeybeelane said...

This is gorgeous! I love it.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! Great take on the inspiration photo!

Darnell J Knauss said...

What a gorgeous and colorful framework you've designed, Luanne! This is a fabulous take on the challenge! Enjoy the hop!! Hugs, Darnell

Julie said...

I love how you used "every crayon in the box!"

Joyce said...

How fun! Love your design, and how all those colors look together. Great idea to use the same stamp for each cross.

Larissa Heskett said...

This just BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE this take on the Challenge!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

artful-notions said...

Fun, yes, and beautifully done! Gorgeous card Luanne!

Marcia HIll said...

Beautiful Luanne!! Love your rainbow of crosses...this is definitely a card that will bring smiles to someone's face! Lovely, lovely card! :0)

Sheri Elmont said...

What a great idea! The sentiment pops too.

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautifully stamped card!