Friday, July 24, 2015

JULY 2015 BLOG HOP CHALLENGE

Today is the day we get to hop along with PTI for July!  Here is the pretty photo that we used for inspiration...


There were so many ways to go with this great picture, and I decided to zero in on the single butterfly in the lower right corner.  I loved how it was framed out, with the subtle print in the background.



I used every day photofinishers for my sentiment and then embossed with gold embossing powder. I also took the edges of the butterfly with the embossing powder just to give it a little pop. 


This card will go to my dad and his wife because they are celebrating their anniversary next week. Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of the hop!

Luanne

10 comments:

victoria h said...

Pretty card - love the touches of gold

D.Ann C said...

Lovely layout and those elegant gold touches are fabulous!

~amy~ said...

such a wonderful anniversary card!

Helen F. said...

I agree with the many choices with this photo...Your card is awesome, Luanne. Such a beautiful butterfly and pretty background!

artful-notions said...

You used the gold beautifully. Gorgeous against the deep scarlett! Need to get out Photo Finishers more often!
Love how you used it against the framed image.

Birgit said...

This is so beautiful and your gold rimmed butterfly is stunning! I've had the Photo Finishers dies on my wish list forever and after seeing your card with the sweet sentiment banner, I think it's time to finally take the plunge and purchase it. Thanks for the inspiration, Luanne!!

Joyce said...

Gorgeous take on the inspiration photo. Love the extra gold around the edges and that background paper you used.

Marcia HIll said...

Beautiful Luanne, simply beautiful!! :0)

The Paper Toile said...

Pretty!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Luanne! I love it!