Wednesday, July 22, 2015

MAKE IT MONDAY #218: WATERCOLORS WITH DIE CUT STENCILS

So...I gave this technique a try.  However, I had two failures.  I think it could have been that I purchased "store brand" labels, instead of Avery.  But, I was able to creat two great cards, in spite of the bleeding under my labels!  This first one, I just stamped my sentiment (birthday), right where it was supposed to be, but in white...


I used my water brush on the poppies as well, to make them look more like watercoloring.

This next one I thought for sure would work.  After making sure it was dry, I pulled it off to find it had bled underneath in multiple places again!  So, I just took the die again, cut out the space where it was supposed to be, and filled it in with a plain cut!  Ha! So, it looks like it, but I was a little sneaky!!


Still useable, just done in my own way! LOL!

Hope you've been successful in your attempts. ;). Thanks for taking a look....

Luanne


8 comments:

Marcia HIll said...

Sounds like we both had the same problems, but you were crafty enough to fix yours! Both of your cards turned out just lovely!! :0)

Maureen said...

oh, I just love the way the "happy" stands out! This is gorgeous!

lexi said...

very pretty cards - your work arounds paid off! thanks for playing!!

artful-notions said...

Now that's a 'happy' card! Great summery colors and perfect, clean letters. Even if you did it your way!

victoria h said...

super pretty cards

Marybeth said...

They both look gorgeous to me! The stamped flowers are so pretty and I love the ... happy...!

Birgit said...

Luanne, these are both as sweet as can be!!

Leigh Penner said...

These are so pretty!