Saturday, August 29, 2015

SAF 2015: THREADS CHALLENGE

I had never made a "nest" of thread, so this card used Laura's technique today.  I went right for SONGBIRDS, a set that I love, but haven't used enough!


I mad a background with the music staff in red.  The leaves are Kraft Bitty Dot, so the gold thread looked better for my nest.  I added a small Kaisercraft pearl for the birds eye.  The bottom edge was cut with the waves staff die, and I chose to balance it out with a strip of the bitty dot.

Off to have a little lunch now.  See you this afternoon!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Love the gold nest!

Dawn Zeigler said...

Very cute! I love what you did on this card!

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful! Your thread nest looks fantastic!

Jen Deal said...

This is a lovely stamp set. I would not have known what to do with it. I love the "bird in the nest". Clever and beautiful card!