Sunday, November 8, 2015

Make It Monday #229: Fabric Strip Christmas Trees

I have done some quilting in the past, so I had plenty of fabric in my stash to choose from to make this week's challenge! And, a large grouping of them were Christmas prints - even better!  I started my strips on a small wooden dowel, and decided it was too heavy for my card.  After thinking about it for a while, I came up with using a pipe cleaner. I was even able to slide them off the dowel and right on to the pipe cleaner.  Then I used a piece if sticky strip down the back to attach it to the card base.  The tree stand was made with one of the pots from Petite Pots, cut and stamped with Autumn Rose to pick up the color in one of the fabrics.


It turned out better than I thought it would...  Fun challenge this week!

Thanks for looking,
Luanne
  

No comments: