Monday, January 25, 2016

January 2016 Blog Hop Challenge


Yep, this is the picture we were to use as our inspiration this month!  It is so different and unusual, not to mention my least favorite color, orange...!  But it was a challenge I faced head on during the last few snowy days at home.

When I looked at the shape, I thought of the unique shaped dies from SAF 2014 60's era.  When I went to pull them out, I found the some of the great patterned papers were still unused! Bingo, they were kind of orangeish! 


I added some embossed butterflies (made from the new Bitty Buttflies coverplate) that I edged with some clear Wink of Stella.  This is definitely not my style, but I love how it turned out! 

Great challenge, and enjoy the rest of the hop!

11 comments:

Marybeth said...

Well you sure did an amazing job with not liking the colors! And here I thought I would be the only one with butterflies! Beautiful Luanne!

Julia Aston said...

Great layering of your die cut shapes on this pretty inspired card!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

Birgit said...

This is a perfect card for the inspiration photo, Luanne! I never thought of this set and it's perfect for this challenge. Great job!!

Jacquie Southas said...

So wishing I had the SAF set - love the shapes!

artful-notions said...

Well, your style or not, you did a fabulous take. Love the patterns. I used the sane set, totally different styling. The butterflies are a beautiful touch!

Linda said...

Great take on the challenge. Lovely.

Skrater said...

Ooh, ooh I love this! I have this die set and am going to try your version, awesome!!

Betty Wright said...

Great layout and layered pattern texture design, Luanne!

Marcia HIll said...

For it not being your style Luanne, you sure did a great job! And how cool that you had those SAF dies that worked perfectly for this challenge!! Great card...love how it turned out!! :0)

Tonya Jastad said...

Love the layout and the different graphics! Great job!