Saturday, January 2, 2016

MAKE IT MONDAY #235: ADDING COLOR TO STAMPED IMAGES

Happy New Year Friends! I hope you had a blessed Christmas season with friends and family. I sure did! Now I've been producing Thank you notes for the lovely things I was given this year. (well I guess that would be last year now!)

When I first heard of OMS, (a long time ago...) I gave it a try. I never really got the hang of using those prismsma color pencils, and although I still have them, I prefer a watercolor approach.  For my take on this challenge, I have two similar cards, one without the added color, and the other with.  I like them both, but you sure can tell the effect the shading adds!

Without...



And now with...


As you can see, the second pops a little more!  Maybe someday I'll invest in OMS again, because Laurie sure made it look easy!

Thanks for looking!

Luanne


7 comments:

Kathryn A said...

Love both cards, but wow! The holly leaves really do Pop with the added colour! Happy New Year!

Birgit said...

Luanne, this is stunning! I don't have the blending solution for the prisma pencils either. I guess I'll need to add that to my crafty wish list. The added color really does add a lot. This is so elegant and beautiful!

lainey said...

What a difference the pencil coloring makes! I like both cards, but the one with the pencils is definitely more vibrant. And the hint of ombre paper really adds to the card.

Cindy H. said...

Lovely cards! It does make a difference with the added color for shading and I do like it best.

artful-notions said...

Wow! Pops right off the card! Love the pencil hi-lights, the greens so fresh and clear. Beautiful card!

Marcia HIll said...

These are both absolutely beautiful Luanne, but yes, the 2nd one does pop a bit more. I like both of them equally though...I guess there's a place for both of them!! :0)

Laurie said...

I love seeing the before and after! Beautiful card!