Saturday, January 9, 2016

MAKE IT MONDAY #236: 2015 A LA CARTE

When Ashley shared this technique, I really wished I'd owned the Coverplate Waves die. This time I get to give it a try, as my kids gave it to me for Christmas! Here is the link to her tutorial...

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2015/11/make-it-monday-230-cover-plate-watercoloring.html

My daughter's Mother in Law was just diagnosed with cancer, and I wanted to send her a little note


The watercolored inks are Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky and Stormy Seas.  The sentiment is from Phrases & Praises, and I used one from Inside Out Well Wishes on the inside. 

It was fun to take a look back at all the wonderful techniques we learned in 2015. Thank you to all the PTI staff for your awesome tutorials!

Luanne

7 comments:

lainey said...

Luanne, you did a great job on this! I like all the colors you chose for this - it really reminds me of being along the water.

artful-notions said...

So soft and soothing, love the colors, they really look like fog on the ocean. And your message is perfect.
So thoughtful of you! Don't you love that our cards can bring hope? It's just beautiful!

Marcia HIll said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Luanne, and just perfect to send to your daughters MIL! Your water coloring is fabulous and I love that sentiment too...perfect card!!

Kathryn A said...

I really love this! The colours are gorgeous, and the water coloured look suits these images perfectly!

samantha's cards said...

beautiful!!!

Skrater said...

Lovely card.

Karen Letchworth said...

I know exactly how you feel, Luanne. Every time I watch a PTI tutorial, I SO wish I had the exact supplies used by the designer. Yet, we have to make it work with what we own. I could own ALL of PTI - they're stuff is wonderful. But, we do make it work; and you sure did with this one! What a gorgeous card. WOW!

I also wanted to let you know about another really fun challenge. I would LOVE to have you play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. Our prize this week is $25 to Simon Says Stamp, and I would be so honored to have you join us. I love your creations, and hope that you will stop by.

Have a wonderful week, and keep up the awesome crafting!
Karen Letchworth
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com