Friday, February 26, 2016

MAKE IT MONDAY #240: WATERCOLOR RESIST

Getting a little artsy this week with Make it Monday was a blast!  I actually made two cards, and I can't wait to use my pallet of watercolors again.  Thank you Lexie for the fun tutorial!


I was trying for purple on the edges of these butterflies, but they were more Autumn Rose when I got done.  I layered the larger one, and left. The smaller one open. 


For this one, I had a small piece of Aqua colors, and liked them best on the pink background, so they didn't get lost.  The larger bloom was cut and stamped, and placed right over the patterned paper.  Just a simple way to dress up the paper, and I layered it on an Aqua Mist card base to tie it all together.

Off to start another piece to play with...!

Have a great weekend,
Luanne

3 comments:

lexi said...

two beautiful cards - i love the soft colors and yay for artsy fun!! thanks for playing make it monday!

Marcia HIll said...

These both turned out SO pretty Luanne! Totally in love with those butterflies...what a great technique to use on them! And your flower card is fabulous! And how awesome to use the technique for your sentiment...totally pops! :0)

Joyously Noelle said...

What pretty soft colors you got and lovely cards you made!