Sunday, April 24, 2016

April 2016 Blog Hop Challenge

Yes. This month was a challenge!  I'm not sure if it was the colors or contemporary feel of the photo, but I struggled with this one.  I wanted to used some color blending, so I started there, using Pure Poppy and Classic Kraft with a touch of Dark Chocolate. Then I added some Circle Scribbles, layering the colors till I was satisfied.  I added a Splat circle in Kraft, and it just looked to muddy.  So...I restamped in Versamark, and used white EP. Much better!  Then I machine stitched around the edges and finished it off with some white flat sequins.  It was all added to a white card base.


Can't wait to see what you came up with!

Happy Hopping!
Luanne

18 comments:

Marcia HIll said...

I think your card came out fabulously Luanne! I struggled with the inspiration photo at first too, but I sure am loving seeing what every one has done with it! And yours is no exception...great card!! :0)

artful-notions said...

Love the contemporary feel to your card, Luanne! Great take on the inspiration. And yes, I struggled too. But I love making cards, so I'll try anything!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful!

Marybeth said...

You can’t tell by your card that you struggled .... gosh this is gorgeous! I was sure if I was going to make one myself . I think yours is perfect!

Connie MacFarlane said...

This is fabulous Luanne! Love your ink blending and the circle scribbles. Great take on the inspiration piece!

maria f. said...

Well done. I love the arc of sequins.

Leigh Penner said...

Great take on the inspiration piece!

Joyce Casaldi said...

What a fun card!

Vikki H, southern Oregon said...

Fun card and great interpretation for this challenge! It certainly got the thinking genes busy talking to the creative ones, didn't it?

Sue Rose said...

Great card. This sure was a hard inspiration pic this month. I love your interpretation of it! Beauitful!

Betty Wright said...

Love the sponged background and embossed sentiment detailing, Luanne! Lovely card!

Cindy O said...

The white splat and sequins are very fresh and fun to look at! Love the ink blending and scribbles for your background.

maryrose said...

Luanne, this is beautiful! Love your stitching and embossed sentiment! (I struggled with this one, too! )

cards by cara said...

Love this take on the challenge! Well done!

Carmela Hubler said...

Great job!! Love the layering of the circles.

Joyously Noelle said...

Fun circles and lovely colors! Great take on the inspiration.

Claire said...

I struggled with the challenge too, especially the colours. I think you nailed it though - those scribbly circles are perfect!

Karen B. said...

Your color blendung is so fabulous I think it is aa great take on the inspiration!