Thursday, April 14, 2016

Create Along With Us: April 2016

I fell in love with the softness of Ashley's butterfly card this month.


My first attempt was using butterflies as well, and I just wasn't happy with it. Since I needed a sympathy card, I used Meadow Greens and the sentiment from Painted Petals for my card.


Just clean and simple, which is what I prefer for sympathy cards.  I cut stencils from Cardstock, and I've decided the ones you can buy make it much easier!  Thanks for looking!

Luanne

Edited to add my first card...


I tweaked it a little and I guess it's okay!

Thanks again!



10 comments:

Marcia HIll said...

Fabulous take on Ashley's card Luanne...CAS and just perfect!! :0)

Birgit said...

A beautiful card Luanne! Comforting and peaceful and perfectly done!

Barbara said...

Your card is very soothing and perfect for a sympathy card.

artful-notions said...

So sweet, Luanne! Simple and elegant!

Joyously Noelle said...

Very neat vellum work! So soft and lovely. Great take on your inspiration!

victoria h said...

pretty sympathy card

Betty Wright said...

Beautifully done, Luanne! The leaves are a beautiful choice!

Kathy Mc said...

Both cards are beautiful, Luanne! Perfect sympathy card as they can be so challenging to make.

Connie MacFarlane said...

Beautiful Luanne! Love the soft feel of both of these cards, especially the first one. Great take on the inspiration.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I like both, nice job!