Thursday, October 20, 2016

MAKE IT MONDAY #264: DIE-CUT STENCIL SHAPES

I've got a card I made for this week's Make it Monday to share today.  I'm finally done with all the October birthdays, and have started creating for Christmas. One gal at work has asked for eight cards, so I have been happily pulling out sets from a year or two ago to make them. Two Feet Deep is my all time favorite, so I used it for this challenge.


I started with Spring Rain Cardstock, and used Fresh Snow ink with my snowflake die cuts.  Then I added the marvelous sled, a few small Spring Rain snowflakes, a Pure Poppy ribbon, and a few clear sequins.

Thanks Melis for your awesome technique and inspiration!

Luanne

8 comments:

Kathy said...

Nice use of the background stencil! Love that sled and the repeats of the red bow.

Marcia HIll said...

Oh Luanne, this turned out SO pretty! I love your snowy background with the sled, and your bright red & white polka dot bow just makes the whole card pop!! Love it!! :0)

lainey said...

Very pretty - Spring Rain and Pure Poppy are a lovely combination.

Linda said...

So soft and pretty Luanne.

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card, Luanne. The snowflake stenciling is just perfect with that sweet sled :-)

artful-notions said...

Just beautiful Luanne! The white ink really set a great stage for the icy snowflakes!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great job stenciling. Beautiful card. Great colors.

Karen Letchworth said...

Yours turned out great, Luanne. I gave it a try, but I didn't really have the best die-cuts to choose from for this particular technique. But I tried. My name is Karen Letchworth, and I too am a born-again Christian. I run a Christian challenge blog, and I'd love to have you link up your beautiful art with us when you can. I'd be so blessed to have you share your talents with us. I sure enjoyed this sweet card. That sled is on my wish list from PTI - great minds think alike, right? Have a wonderful week. I hope to see and hear from you soon.
Blessings,
Karen

Word Art Wednesday - My Challenge Blog
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

My Cup Runneth Over - My Personal Blog
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

I just became your newest blog follower, and I'd be honored to have you stop by my personal blog and become my follower as well. Thanks!